Fans of the traditional version of SCRABBLE can get the authentic SCRABBLE experience in Classic mode, and more experienced players can race the clock in Speed mode. Those who want a new twist on the classic SCRABBLE experience can battle it out against friends or the computer in the fast-paced SCRABBLE SLAM mode, based on the upcoming spring 2009 card game from Hasbro in which players try to be the first to discard all their SLAM cards by making four letter words. SCRABBLE SLAM will be available for the first time digitally on the handheld versions of SCRABBLE.
With six difficulty levels, SCRABBLE will also serve up a Training mode with six training exercises that enable new or rusty players to polish their skills before their first big showdown. SCRABBLE comes loaded with extras such as the Official SCRABBLE Players Dictionary, SCRABBLE Word Finder, which provides hints on best words, and Wi-Fi multiplayer capability (both single and multi-cart play for Nintendo DS).
Three Modes of Play
- Choose Classic mode to play the timeless, traditional version of SCRABBLE.
- Race the clock as you take on the computer or friends in Speed mode.
- Put your skills to the test in the SCRABBLE SLAM card game, the newest take on the classic SCRABBLE experience.
Your SCRABBLE Trainer!
- Like never before, you can strengthen your vocabulary, pattern recognition, and point strategies through fun and interactive training exercises.
- You then can apply your newfound skills in real games against your friends and family as well as our adaptable computer A.I.
- Track your progress with the game's built-in Skill Tracker and see how you've improved in each training category.
Wi-Fi Multiplayer Fun
- Challenge your friends and connect with up to four players in Classic, Speed, or SCRABBLE SLAM modes.
- Nintendo DS multiplayer modes include Hot Seat (multiple players passing one console), DS Download play (one-cartridge multiplayer) and Multi-Cart play (multiple cartridges allow players to customize game rules and enable additional game features).
- PSP multiplayer modes include Hot Seat and Ad Hoc play (head-to-head multiplayer).
EA Brings SCRABBLE Full Circle
- In 2008, EA launched authentic digital versions of SCRABBLE online at Pogo.comTM, three separate mobile versions on iPod®, iPhoneTM and mobile phones as well as social networking sites.
- 2009 rounds it out with SCRABBLE on the Nintendo DS and PSP handhelds as well as a version for Xbox LIVE® Arcade.
Pricing, Rating and Availability
- SCRABBLE on DS and PSP is rated "E for Everyone", will carry as MSRP of $29.99 and be in stores on March 17, 2009.