HUT Season Opener Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 18+ TO PARTICIPATE. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry. Beginning 12:00:01 AM PST on September 10, 2013 through 11:59:59 PM PST on October 10, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), log-into NHL 14 for either the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system or the PlayStation 3 computer system, with your Origin account name and play five (5) games to completion (win or lose) in Online Seasons mode. After completing the 5th game, you will be automatically entered into the HUT Season Opener Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and receive a HUT mini-gold pack.
You may alsoenter by sending a 3”x5” card with your name, age,address and email address (if available), to the below address. In addition to an entry into the Sweepstakes, please include your HUT team name as used in NHL 14 in order to receive the free HUT mini gold pack:
HUT Season Opener Sweepstakes
Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: only one entry per person, email address and/or household will be accepted. All electronic entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST onOctober 10, 2013. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during Sweepstakes Period and received by October 17, 2013. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account or an incorrect mail address will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had Internet access as of September 7, 2013. Residents of Quebec are not eligible. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its Agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prize; Winner Selection and Notification. There is one (1) prize.
Prize: One (1) Winner will receive 50,000 Pucks (in-game virtual currency) to be used in the Hockey Ultimate Team mode in NHL 14. Access to NHL 14 and an Origin account are required to redeem Pucks.
The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is $8.00.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
Winners will be determined by random drawing on or about October 21, 2013 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted at Sponsor’s address as indicated in Section 6 of these rules by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding.
Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. Canadian winners must also answer a skill-based question in order to claim prize. Winners will be notified on or about October 31, 2013 by either an email sent to the email address associated with the Origin Account, or by email or letter, if entrant mailed in the entry. If winner cannot be contacted at this email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
4. General Conditions.Electronic Arts Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. Entrants and Winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Sweepstakes. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their entries on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Sweepstakes or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants, and except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entries along with entrant’s user or screen name and hometown therewith; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the judges, and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
5. Winners list. A winner list will be available at /nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-hut-season-opener after the winner is determined, verified and posted for approximatelytwo weeks.
6. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.