The first free content update for EA SPORTS UFC is now available for download worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In addition to providing improvements relating to gameplay, in-game animations and the online experience, this free content update also adds new fighters to the EA SPORTS UFC Roster.
New fighters now available for play include:
- TJ Dillashaw – Bantamweight Champion
- Takeya Mizugaki – Bantamweight Division
- Tyron Woodley – Welterweight Division
Watch the video below to see each of these new fighters, as well as new gameplay additions in action.
Key Gameplay Updates:
- Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LT on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
- Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
- Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
- Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
- Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
- Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
- Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.